I've Arrived!!!

     The first thing I did when we were descending on the airplane and I saw Alaska is I turned to my mom and said, "I can't believe I did this." So far I've had a day of traveling by plane to Anchorage, and then a day of traveling by train to Denali and every once and a while it will sink in that I'll be staying here for 4 months. I'm looking forward to a cool trip with my family in Denali, Kenai, and Anchorage and it's given me some ideas about my goals for the semester.

    Academically, my goals are always the same: maintain good grades in my classes and maybe even learn a thing or two. However, I think it is going to be my time outside of the classroom that will make this semester a really cool experience. I hope to take advantage of where I am and explore Alaska throughout the semester. I've already talked through some ideas with my dad about certain trips I can take. The only thing that makes me nervous is my motivation to actually plan these trips. I have to make sure I have people to go with me, I have all the supplies I need, and I have enough money to go. I have been saving up for a few summers now just so I can make sure I am able to go on as many adventures as possible. 

    Using National Student Exchange is a great way for me to plan my own trips and actually figure out the logistical stuff on my own since traveling is something I really want to keep up with for the rest of my life. I hope my nerves don't stand in the way of making it all come together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week Recap

WEEK 8!!!

WEEK 11!