Pre-departure Jitters

     So my flight is tomorrow! Currently I'm frantically finishing my packing and making sure everything is ready for tomorrow. Luckily, I have parents that are as excited as I am about Alaska, so we've got a 10 day trip before the semester starts where I can adjust a little to the environment before I move in. I've met up with a few of my friends before I leave since I won't get to see any of them until December. I was very excited to share all my plans with them and I feel like I have the story down to a science. 

    I wanted to study abroad for a whole year, but as a Biology major, it would've been difficult to get enough credits, so when my brother mentioned National Student Exchange I was quick to research if it was a good option for me. Obviously it worked out! I chose Alaska because first, I wanted something as different as possible from where I currently live, just for the fun of it. I also love that there are a lot of National Parks in the state, since I love to go hiking and camping. There were many times during the process of figuring out classes, unfortunately, when I didn't think the stress of it was worth it, but now that I'm a day away from leaving I can say I'm glad I decided to go (note to any UofSC students who want to exchange: prepare to spend a lot of time on class registrations, prerequisite overrides, and follow up, follow up, follow up!). 

    All in all, I'm very excited (maybe I'll feel differently 24 hours from now when I've been on an airplane all day)! I'm looking forward to posting my adventures here for my friends and family to see (and be jealous of all the fun I'm having) and being able to look back and remember all the cool things I did! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week Recap

WEEK 8!!!

WEEK 11!