Week 3!!

     So I've officially been here for a month and it seems like it's been so much longer than that. It's been a great week! Three weeks into the semester and I've finally had my first normal week. I rode the bus to yoga class for the first time and I'm excited for that class. We spent most of the time doing some basic beginning yoga stuff and she taught us about the more technical things involved in breathing and posture. I also took the bus later in the week to go to the gym. It was my first time running in about 4 weeks since I had been training for the half marathon I didn't get to do (sad). I just did 3 miles and it was a little rough but I've gotta start somewhere so at least I got out of bed. 

    I also met up with some friends and we had a potluck dinner. We went to Kincaid park and had a bit of a picnic. It was cool for a while but then it started raining so we went back to my dorm where we played some airhockey and a few rounds of a card game (called trash which I used to play all the time when I was younger). I didn't win but thats ok (it's not ok). 

    My friend group in high school used to do this thing everyday where we would list our 'win for the day' which would be something good that had already happened or something we were looking forward too. My friend Grace reminded me because she does it on her instagram sometimes so I think I want to include something like that in my blogs. This week it was more of a good series of events really. I went to my Chemistry class and took good notes (and actually understood the information), then I got a really good smoothie, and then I got to check out the library and got some work done there. Very different than T Coop, it was much less crowded.

    So I'm finally starting to get into a rhythm here which is great! I think my goal for this week is to get used to getting out of bed when my alarm goes off and starting my day. Whether that be going to class, going to gym, or going to get breakfast before the dining hall closes breakfast at 9:30. I'm also trying to see if some of the parks nearby would be good places to run so I don't have to go long distances on the treadmill. That'll be another update for next week!

Comments

  1. I love that point in the semester when I finally get settled. When i know when my classes are, where i need to go, my work times. It makes everything seems so less stressful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Week Recap

WEEK 8!!!

WEEK 11!