Week 4!!!

     I chose to delay my blog post from Monday to Saturday this week because I knew I had more going on towards the end of this week. As far as updates go, I achieved my goal of waking up and getting out of bed earlier. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find somewhere outside I can run. It got a lot colder very quickly and I think the time for some casual hiking and running is going to be ending very soon. 

    Starting with the beginning of the week, I've been getting more comfortable taking the bus everywhere. I went to target for some shopping, I take the bus to class every tuesday, and I take it every time I go to the gym. It's been coming in handy just to get from place to place since everything is kind of spread out. 

    I went to have dinner with a group of friends on Wednesday, saw Dear Evan Hansen on Thursday, and had a movie knight with friends on Friday and I cooked a blueberry pie for everyone. Nothing better to bring people together than eating pie, right? 

    But I think the highlight of the weekend was the snow! We got our first snow day here which is very different from the snow days I'm used to back home. In South Carolina, we might get one or two snow days that stick, and that would be in the middle of winter. Out here in Alaska, our first day of snow is already better than the best day of snow back home. From what I hear, it still came a lot earlier than expected, but I'm a fan for now. 

    So my win for the week is definitely hanging out with my friends a lot. I'm glad that even though I have a lot of online classes, I'm still meeting people and socializing. I think my goal for next week is going to be to pick one of the activities I have on my list of things to do, and try to plan it out. I thought I could volunteer at the humane society, go to a trampoline park, paint pottery, or find a place to go rock climbing. So hopefully I can get to do all of these things at some point throughout the semester. I also heard that I had been accepted to the University of Vienna to study abroad for the spring semester and I'm having to do a lot of research and planning about that. Hopefully when I get everything sorted I can start thinking of some bigger Alaska-related trips. 




Comments

  1. I wish it would snow here. I am very jealous. The snow looks absolutely amazing and I wish I were there. I'm glad you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Week Recap

WEEK 8!!!

WEEK 11!