WEEK 13!!!

 Happy Thanksgiving!!! I had a very good week despite being away from family. My brother's birthday was the day before so I Facetimed and watched him open the present I sent him. He asked for a chess board (what a nerd). Him and my parents went to visit our extended family in North Carolina and I got to Facetime and talk to them as well. They were impressed by the amount of snow outside my window and by me saying 13 degrees was the warmest it's been in a while. 

I also was eating lunch at the same time my family was eating Thanksgiving dinner so we ate together over Facetime (yes, three calls in two days). It lasted all of 20 minutes before they had gone through their first and second helpings. 

I also officially finished planning my trip to Fairbanks with my friends. It'll be my last trip before I leave (which by the way is in two weeks)! We're going dogsledding and hopefully we'll spot the Northern Lights. I know I've talked about it like every single blog I've posted but it's finally happening! Maybe if I don't see them, I'll have to come back with my mom so I can run the half marathon I missed out on and see the northern lights. 

I was also very successful with getting ahead on my work this week. I completed next week's work for my classes so all I have to focus on is studying for finals and writing my yoga paper (I don't have a final in that class). 

Now I have to start packing up and figuring out how to ship some of my things back home. I had to have my winter gear shipped to me because I couldn't fit it in my luggage so I have to send them back. But I also have quite an extensive collection of crochet blankets, table runners, coasters that I made while I was here. Honestly I feel proud that I'm not shipping a whole library of new books home too. 

Now it's officially Christmas time (we don't celebrate Christmas until after Thanksgiving in my household)! My favorite time of the year! I suppose I should start shopping for Christmas gifts too. Unfortunately, my family did a poor job of creating their wish lists this year so I'll have to read their minds to figure out what they really want instead of getting my mom long sleeve shirts and my dad a coffeetable book.

Until next time!


Comments

  1. It's so sweet that you guys go to eat together despite different time zones and different meals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First Week Recap

WEEK 8!!!

WEEK 11!