WRAP UP POST!!

A week back home and I'm finally sitting down to post for the last time. The flight home was quite the experience. I flew through the night and didn't get much sleep, so by the time I made it home, unpacked, and got settled, I had been up for a full 24 hours. It was really great seeing my parents and my dogs again. All the Christmas decorations were up so the house felt very festive. I also had a few work shifts and it's been nice to see everyone coming back from college. Naturally, everyone is asking me how my semester was. I'm half tempted just to give out the link to my blog just to make it easier.

But really this semester has been the best. I had a lot of goals leading up to it. Some I met, some I didn't, but in reality I think my expectations were a little high. I was expecting to go on small trips every weekend and travel all over Alaska. Thinking back, that was really not practical, especially when throwing school into the mix. There are some things I want to go back and do but I really enjoyed my time in Alaska. I met some really great people and I went on a lot of adventures, my favorite being the trip to Fairbanks.

I think this experience has really changed my perspective on what it's like to travel on your own. I will be studying abroad next semester and I've learned more about how to best prepare for a semester of living away from home. I want to do a lot of research about the country I'm traveling to beforehand so I know the area better and so I don't have to take the time to plan trips during the semester. There are a lot of breaks in the spring schedule so I think it will be a little easier to find the time to go places. 

Overall, it was a fantastic experience and I would absolutlely recommend any sort of national or abroad travel for school. I think it's a great way to gain a new perspective, grow, and learn things about yourself that you never expected!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Week Recap

WEEK 8!!!

WEEK 11!